Privacy day is here! Here is you homework for today:
- Check privacy and location data settings on your mobile apps; when upgrading, make sure new version has the same security and privacy settings as previous version of app. Change them to a tighter setting, if necessary.
- Avoid or limit use of sites that use or keep your financial data, such as online banking or e-commerce sites when you’re on public or unsecured Wi-Fi.
- Check your Social media privacy settings to confirm or change options for who can see your posts and shares.
- Be smart about data you share, consider what would happen long after emailing photos and messages – think: would it do you damage if any of them were to be forwarded to a wider audience.
- Remember to do regular data maintenance – it’s good day to check your various profiles for data accuracy and change your passwords – make sure to make your password secure!