According to the Weather channel, as Winter Storm Jonas crept through the East Coast early Saturday morning, parts of New Jersey and Delaware were hit with severe coastal flooding that left roads inundated and beaches eroded.
The region can expect the following impacts:
- Snow is expected to continue Saturday into early Sunday morning.
- Major coastal flooding is ongoing, with evacuations ordered.
- The region is predicted to see heavy wet snow with hurricane force winds possible on the New Jersey coast.
- Snowfall totals for the Philadelphia area are anticipated to be between 12 to 18 inches.
- Power outages are likely.
Practical Computer Tips to consider right now:
- Is your business located in the severe weather warning area? We are recommending that prior to leaving your office to power off all your desktop/notebook PCs.
- With big snowfall predicted, please watch for following flood warnings. If meltdown flood is anticipated, if you are in a flood prone area we recommend moving you systems from the floor and place them on your desk or higher, if possible.
- Please, advise your colleagues to do the same.