Ask Delta Airlines: business owners should learn from this experience – your organization may need a better disaster recovery plan.
Facing a crisis without a plan can be detrimental to any business. “It can literally destroy your business,” said Timothy Watters, an adviser at Watters Financial Services in Paramus, N.J, to Investment News. “Everything grinds to a halt.”
“It can never happen to me”, people often say. Until it does. Thousands of flights were affected earlier this week after Delta experienced a wide system outage. Flights were delayed or cancel after some of technology did not switch over to a back-up. When it comes to technology for any industry, crisis can happen to any system, even best of the breed. It is crucial for any organization to have business continuity plan – plan A, and if necessary, plan B, to ensure their operations run no matter what interruptions occur.
Disaster can happen to anyone
Considering the fact that more than half (58%, ) of downtime incidents are caused by human error1… so it CAN happen to you.
- Of all businesses that have a major fire, 30% go out of business within a year and 70% fail within five years.2
- Of all organizations that lost their data center for 10 days or more during a disaster, 93% filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster.3
- After suffering catastrophic data loss 51% close within two years 43% of organizations never reopen.4
1. Enterprise and the Cost of Downtime, Independent Oracle User Group, 2012
2. Boston Computing Network, Data Loss Statistics
3. National Archives & Records Administration in Washington
4. University of Texas
Do you need a professional Data Backup and Disaster Recovery Services?
We can help you every step of the way to make sure your data is secure, and your business continuity is protected. Call us 201-493-1414 or Request a Consultation today.
Intelligent Business Continuity services from powersolution.com can reduce the total costs of your IT problems and the resulting downtime. Local IT company experts can provide remote support and on-site visits, offering Data Backup and Disaster Recovery services to companies in New Jersey and local areas.